Pastoral Relations Committee
Pastoral Relations Committee is commonly known as PRC and is one of the specified committees of the Presbytery in the UCA Regulations. 3.7.2 (a)
The Role of PRC is to;
- Have oversight of Ministry Agents* and Ministry Contexts– this may include reviewing, helping, disciplining, counselling, keeping records, being available, and providing pastoral care and supervision.
- Support good communication and pastoral relationships between ministry agents an ministry contexts.
- Deal with matters of conflict, concern or complaint according to the UCA regulations and policies of the Presbytery.
- Deal with matters relating to the placement or appointment of ministry agents including (but not limited to) approval of supply ministry for congregations, changes to Terms of Placements for Ministers and conclusions of placements. See Filling a Ministry Vacancy Steps Document
- PRC will provide reports on ministers and congregations to the whole of Presbytery when required. See Life and Witness vs Mission Study Document/ sample format for consultations
- Ensuring that all ministry agents are fulfilling the necessary requirements and responsibilities of their ministry including (but not limited to) attendance at Code of Ethics Training, Safe Church Training, that they are regularly meeting with their supervisor etc.
- Approve individuals to preside at the sacraments when a minister is not available.
Chairperson: Mr Bruce Missen (photo)
Secretary: Rev Amanda Nicholas (photo)
Presbytery Staff: Rev Jeanne Beale and Rev Narelle Collas
Members: (we will fill this in after the Nov PiC) (we will take a group photo in Feb 2021)
Placement Committee Rep: Mrs Amanda Mullen – elected by PiC.