Administration, Property & Finance Committee
Simpson Fund Grants
Dear Congregations and Faith Communities,
The first round of grants from the Simpson Fund for 2020 is now open. Applications will be accepted from Friday 4 June 2021. There is a strict closing date of Friday 2 July 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Applications will be accepted for Mission Projects – grants available up to $5,000 and small equipment and capital work projects – grants available up to $3,000.
Mission Projects will be prioritised according to the degree to which they reflect the vision and goals of the PPW Presbytery ‘Regenerating the Church 2021 Strategy’. A copy of the strategy is attached to this email. Mission Project Applications must therefore clearly demonstrate how the proposed project specifically complements the Strategy.
Please note the following:
- When applying for grants please be aware that the funding is GST exclusive.
- As an example if you submit receipts for reimbursement of grant monies for $5,500 including GST the grant reimbursement will %,000 excluding GST. Most Congregations submit Business Activity Statement to the Australian Taxation Office either quarterly or annually. Any GST amounts would be paid to the Congregation in the form of a taxation refund.
- In 2019 the Administration Property and Finance Committee sought advice from the Uniting Church Safety Officer in relation to defibrillators. The advice received was that congregation members would need to be able to deliver CPR for a considerable period of time even with the defibrillator, congregation members would need to have current first aid certificates to use the equipment and the defibrillator maintenance cost is quite high. We were advised that defibrillators were not essential at most of our church locations. Based on this advice it was decided that the Simpson Fund would not fund the purchase or maintenance of defibrillators.
- The Fund Application Information and Checklist 2020 requests audited 2019 or 2020 financial records. If these are not yet available please provide the end-of-year (2020) Profit and Loss report and Balance Sheet (if available).
Applications are to be narrative in style (there is no application form) and must be submitted to the Chairperson of the Administration, Property and Finance Committee either by email (preferred option): email@example.com or by Australia Post to:
Mr Richard Allen,
Chairperson, Administration, Property and Finance Committee,
6 Queen Street, Queenscliff Vic 3225
- PPPW Simpson Fund Grant Claim Form 2021 (pdf)
- PPPW Simpson Fund Application Check-List 2021 editable (pdf)
- PPPW Simpson Fund Application Check-List 2021 (docx)
Applications will be considered at the meeting of the Presbytery’s Administration, Property and Finance Committee scheduled for 13 July 2021 with recommendations being submitted to the Presbytery’s Standing Committee meeting on 27 July 2021.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as practicable.
If you have any queries, or need assistance please contact Richard Allen on 0402 108 981.